As we close out another year and move into a new one, it’s always nice to take a pause and reflect. What a year it’s been for the crypto market globally, and what a year it’s been for Coinsquare! 2021 has definitely had its challenges and opportunities, and on the cusp of 2022, I’d like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you, our loyal and passionate customers.
It was the year that crypto seemed to take the world by storm and become more a part of the global economy. El Salvador made bitcoin legal tender and someone paid $69 million for an NFT. The market cap of the top five stablecoins — Tether, USDC, Binance USD, Terra USD, and Dai — reached $152 billion and the US cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase went public via a direct listing, similar to an initial public offering (IPO) but without financial middlemen, on Nasdaq in April, making it the first crypto asset trading platform to go public in the US.
Perhaps most noticeable this past year has been the extent to which crypto is penetrating mainstream financial services. Institutional investors are starting to demand access to crypto as the regulatory framework starts to get clearer and many major banks have started to explore the market. Traditional participants and infrastructure entities have also explored the evolution of their service offerings to embrace crypto in such areas as custody and real-time payments using crypto.
As for us, here’s a few highlights from 2021 that we are proud of,
- $4.7 Billion in trading volume this year.
- Closed two rounds of investment – Supporting our business and helping us build the best Coinsquare for our customers.
- Customer Growth – Increased our customer base by 291%, we’re honoured to have you choose us.
- New platform launch – In the spring, we launched our new QuickTrade App and have seen it grow to be our most used platform by customers.
- New coins launched – If you didn’t already know, we now have 39, with more to come.
- Request money deposit – Making it faster and easier for you to trade when you want.
- 24/7 Customer Support – Serving you better and reducing our response and resolution times by 94%.
- Grew the Coinsquad – Over 50% growth in overall headcount, including departments like Engineering, Customer Service, Product UX and Compliance that directly affect you, our customers.
Things we are excited about in 2022:
- New Platform and Consolidation of Your Accounts: In early 2022, you’ll be able to experience our new Coinsquare Web platform, currently in BETA and being put through its paces by our Coinsquare Preview Program Customers.
- New Features and Products: As we launch our new platform, it will come with some new features we hope you’ll be excited about. We’ve also been working behind the scenes on a few other exciting new products that we believe will serve you better.
- Regulation: It’s a complex subject but we are well positioned to become Canada’s First Fully Regulated IIROC Investment dealer and ATS (No interim regulatory status like the other platforms) for more information, click here.
- New Brand Look’n’Feel: Coinsquare will soon have only one web platform, one app and we are excited to share a refreshed look’n’feel, one that we believe better represents where the brand, company and market is headed.
On behalf of all of us at Coinsquare, we want to say a big thank you for being a great customer and we are excited about the future of digital currencies, along with some very exciting products and services to bring to you in 2022.
Happy New Year and Happy Trading!